LIMESTONE DAY CELEBRATION 2014
THIS SATURDAY, JUNE 28TH!!!
WEEPING WATER LIMESTONE DAY 2014 ACTIVITIES
FRIDAY NIGHT, JUNE 27TH
5-10:30PM - High School Kickball Tournament - Ballfield - Linda Twomey 402-297-3020
7-9pm - Weeping Water Cheerleaders Bingo - Baseball Pavillion
SATURDAY, JUNE 28TH
7:30 - Fishing Contest - City Lakes - Jerry Smith - 402-672-0125
7:30 - Volleyball Tournament - Daphne Nutter 402-616-7711 - Kristen Weigum 402-740-7199
7:30 - Registration Cryin Creek 5K Mud/Fun Run - Basketball Court - Jane Rhodes 402-297-3341
8am-8pm - Library Book Walk - East to West Bridge along Walking Trail
8:00 - Kickball Tournament - Ballfield - Linda Twomey 402-297-3020
8:30 - Fishing Contest Awards - City Lakes - 402-672-0125
8:30 - Parade Registration - New school parking lot - Kathy Schreiner - 402-297-2411
9am-1pm - Library book sale - Aimee Morlan - 402-267-3050
9:00 - Quilt show - Heritage House & Memory Lane Museum - Doris Duff 402-267-4925
9:00 - Horseshoe Tournament - at East Bridge - Bill Miller 402-709-7328
9am-4pm-Photo Contest & Display-Legion Hall-Adult & Kids Division-Mather family 267-5252
9am-5pm - Craft Show & Flea Market - Euclid Lodge - Scott Miller 402-990-8580
9:45 - Opening Ceremonies - Main Street - MC Kurt Powles 402-616-2425 - National Anthem, Sydney Keckler - Miss Weeping Water Coronation - Diane Wade 402-450-0402
10:00 - Grand Parade - Main Street - Grand Marshals-Wes Redden & Renee Sheehan
After Parade - Children's Container Gardening - City Lake Pavilion - Weeping Water Garden Club - Barb Neimann 402-267-6295
11:00 - Bicycle/Tricycle Races - Main Street - Scott Schreiner - 402-297-0079
12:30 - Inner tube Race Registration - City Lake - Jacque Davis 402-499-2237
1pm - Duck Races - Green Bridge - Dolly Crandall 402-690-2963
1-3:30 - Free Swim - City Pool
1:30 - Inner tube Races - City Lakes - Adult & Kids Division - Jacque Davis 402-499-2237
3-5pm - Weeping Water Fire Fighters - Free Water Fights - J Street by car wash - Bryce Bantz 402-699-4274
3:30 - Money Plunge - City Pool - Ages 0-14 - Jerry Smith 402-672-0125
3:45 - Hillbilly Redneck Triathlon - Meet at Express Lane - Mickey Cave 402-297-5631
5-9pm - Rainbow Trout - Face Painting AND Gregory Wayne - Magician & Balloonist - Ballfield
5pm - Opening Evening Ceremonies - Ballfield - MC Kurt Powles 402-616-2425
5:15 - Lincoln Sport Parachute Club jump - National Anthem - Sydney Keckler
5:30-7:30 - Chamber BBQ - Ballfield - Pay at BBQ - Diane Wade 402-450-0402
5:30 - Rock Olympics - Shawn Hammons 402-297-8268
5:30 - Der Weiner Slinger - The World Famous Conrad
6:00 - Rosenbach Warrior Training Branch - Marital Arts Demonstration - Jerry Smith 402-672-0125
7pm - Dodge Ball Contest - Adult & Kids Division - Kurt Powles 402-616-2425
8:30 - Water Sponge Race - Ballfield
10pm - Fireworks Extravaganza - FREE!! - Ballfield
10:30pm-1:00am - Scary Stroll Scream - 601 E Eldora Ave - Timron Gilfert - 402-770-8684
2014 LIMESTONE DAY KIDS FISHING CONTEST
Rules & Participation
1. All participants must register before fishing.
2. Registration begins at 7am at City Lakes
3. Only fish the EAST half of the lake, there will be no judges on the West half.
4. Ages birth to 15 years old on the day of contest.
5. All Nebraska fishing rules appy.
Children will be broken up into the following age categories:
Prizes are awarded for the following categories:
Prizes are handed out to winners of each category in each age group.
POST OFFICE COMMUNITY MEETING
WEEPING WATER PO
The Postal Service will hold a meeting to answer questions and provide additional information about POST Plan. At the meeting, local management will share the results of the survey and answer questions. Although survey results will be known and shared, the Postal Service will not make a final decision regarding this office until after the public meeting. This will enable the Postal Service to obtain all community input and opinions, from both the surveys and the meeting before making a final decision.
Surveys will be sent to customers within the delivery zip code(s) of this Post Office and the Post Office Box customers. Below are the options that the Postal Service is considering. If you do not receive a survey by 6/25/14, and would like to fill one out, surveys are available at the counter.
1. Keep the office open, based on actual office workload. In the case of WEEPING WATER PO, hours would be reduced from 7.5 hours to 6 hours per weekday. Current Saturday hours will not change as a result of POST Plan and access to your delivery receptacles will not be impacted by POST Plan.
2. Conduct a discontinuance study for the office and offer roadside mailbox delivery. Retail and delivery service would be provided through a rural carrier. Mail delivery points will be established and customers can purchase most postal services through the carrier or other alternate access points.
3. Conduct a discontinuance study for the office and find a suitable alternative location operated by a contractor, usually at a local business. When businesses are found that meet the criteria, these establishments are contracted through the US Postal Service and offer stamps and flat rate products with service hours generally more expansive than what the local Post Office will be able to offer.
4. Conduct a discontinuance study for the office and provide PO Box service via another nearby Post Office and relocate PO Box delivery to that Post Office.
MEETING DATE: 7/16/2014
MEETING PLACE: GIBSON HALL, 101 W ELDORA AVE
MEETING TIME: 7PM
Due to the construction at the Weeping Water School, the recycling trailer has been relocated to Manley until further notice.
Senior meals are available at the Hopper Community Center, 101 W Eldora Ave., Suite 3, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Call Ruth Vogt at 402-267-5303 to order a meal or schedule a delivery.
Wednesday, June 25th
roast beef and gravy
Friday, June 27th
Monday, June 30th
chicken & noodles
peas & carrots
The Pool is open!!
Hours of operation:
Sunday, Monday, Wednesday: 1-8
Tuesday & Thursday: 1-7 (aerobics/fitness swim 7-8pm)
Friday & Saturday: 1-6
10 punch card $35
Single Pass $75
Family Pass $125
Swimming Lessons are available
The Old Avoca Schoolhouse, in Avoca Nebraska, is offering a TWIN FIDDLING WORKSHOP, on Saturday, August 2, from 10am-12 noon, in the Old Avoca Schoolhouse. This workshop, led by championship fiddler and author, Deborah Greenblatt, is perfect for fiddlers who want to learn to play duets with other fiddlers. Students of all ages will learn how to construct their own harmony parts by ear, and by writing the notes down in standard notation. Tunes will range in difficulty from easy to intermediate. Fiddle tunes from many traditions will be explored, including Irish, Swedish, Klezmer, Cajun, Scottish, etc,