Fun Holidays of the Week
Everyday is a holiday!
- Wednesday, July 11: John Quincy Adams birthday (6 th president)
- Thursday, July 12: Independence Day for Kiribati
- Friday, July 13: Embrace your geekiness day
- Saturday, July 14: Gerald Ford's birthday (38 th president)
- Sunday, July 15: National Ice Cream Day
- Monday, July 16: National Get Out of the Doghouse Day
- Tuesday, July 17: The anniversary of the opening of Disneyland
July Fest 2007
Nehawka Volunteer Fire & Rescue present: July Fest 2007
The fun starts at 10:00 am Saturday, July 21, 2007!
- Hog Roast 11am-2pm
$3 Children 12 & under
- Games for all ages-including a dunking booth and jump castle
- Dance/Beer Garden at Ruli's Pour House 8pm-midnight
Entertainment by “Two Can Sam”
Join our neighbors in Nehawka for a fun filled day!
New Weeping Water Rescue Squad Members Wanted
Weeping Water Rescue is looking for a few good people to join the Rescue Squad!
• Must be of good moral character (State EMS rules).
• Must live in Weeping Water fire district (includes Manley).
• Must have been a resident for 6 months or more.
• Must be at least 19 years of age.
• Must be in good physical condition.
• You will start the “Ride Along Program.”
• You must have a membership approval to join the “Ride Along Program.”
• After the “Ride Along Program” is completed you can be approved to join the squad.
• If approved, you will attend an EMT training class.
• After completion, you must pass the National Registry Exam to become a State Certified EMT and become eligible to take care of patients.
Contact any Weeping Water Rescue Squad member or call 267-3405 to obtain further information and an application.
At Ruli's in Nehawka
July 28 th and possibly July 29 th depending on how many teams sign up
Sign ups are at 9:00 am and games begin at 10:00 am
$60.00 entry fee
For more information or questions call Dwayne at 402-209-0125 or 402-263-2112
Cass County Renegades
Summer marks the beginning of the season for the semi-pro Cass County Renegades football team. Weeping Water football field is the home field for the Cass County Renegades. The Cass County Renegades encourage youth involvement by having game activities, events, contests, prizes, and giveaways at their home games. The Renegades also offer youth football camps. Come support our local football team!
2007 Renegades Schedule:
June 16 at Minnesota Lumberjacks
June 23 South Dakota Lawdawgs
June 30 Kansas Kaos
July 7 at NE T-Birds
July 14 at South Dakota Lawdawgs
July 21 Iowa Eagles
July 28 at K.C. Panthers
August 4 K.C. Titans
August 11 Minnesota Stampede
August 18 NE T-Birds
August 25 St. Louis Bulldogs
September 8 at Kansas Kaos
September 15 at K.C. Titans
September 22 at St. Louis Bulldogs
**Tickets for the game are only $5**
Kickoff for home games is 7:30 pm
Weeping Water Ball field
WEEPING WATER SWIMMING POOL
Weeping Water swimming pool is now open!!
Hours: Sunday-Friday 1-8, Saturday 1-6
Daily-$4.00 - 5 and under FREE
Family Season Pass - $125.00
Single Season Pass - $75.00
10 Punch Ticket - $35.00
Family Passes are for immediate family only!
Immediate family includes husband, wife & children living in one household.
Children in diapers must be in swimming diapers.
$27 per lug
(About 25 lbs)
Peaches will be delivered in mid to late August
Order your big & juicy peaches now!
To Order: Contact any member of the Weeping Water Lions Club
Debbie Bennett at 275-3380
Brenda/Scott Hanson at 267-5518
**Change** in the Flying Wheels Fun Center Summer Hours!
Tuesday - 1:00 - 4:00 - Open skating $3 admission + skate rental
Thursday - 1:00 - 4:00 - More than just skating! Fun activities and movies! - $4 admission + No skate rental charge
Saturday 6:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday mornings and Sunday nights just for the summer! Regular weekend hours will resume in August - stay tuned for details!
Watch for us at the local parades! We'll be the ones having all the fun!
Summer Skate/Dance - Saturday, July 7th - 6:30 - Midnight - Come Party with us!!! Kids and adults of all ages welcome!
Vacation Bible School!
Trinity Lutheran will hold VBS July 9-13 from 6:30-8:15 p.m. for preschool through 6th grade. The church is located at 310th and Church Road. To register your child, please call Pastor Kuhlman at 867-2916.
The Springfield Cemetery‘s entrance has moved to south end of the cemetery's property with the widening of Highway 50. The old entrance is now fenced in and not accessible. The cemetery was first established soon after the town was founded. The deed was recorded on September 7, 1882. The Springfield Cemetery Association maintains the property. A complete index and map of burials is available at the Springfield Memorial Library or from the cemetery association, although earlier burials are incomplete due to the destruction of records during fire of March 19, 1903.
- Thursday, July 12
- Boys Pony #2 baseball game @ home @ 7:00 pm
- Boys Junior Legion baseball game @ Bennett @ 8:00 pm
- Friday, July 13
- Boys Pony #1 vs. Pony #2 @ home @ 7:00 pm
- Monday, July 16
- Boys Pony #1 and #2 League Championship TBA
- Boys Senior Legion baseball game @ home @ 7:00 pm