**Coming Soon** I have been informed that there will be a great and exciting artistic touch added to our newly updated Cass County Fairground this October! Be sure to look forward to more information about this addition in a future newsletter!
Weeping Water Athletics Gold Cards for Sale: On Wednesday, August 22 members of all of the athletics groups will be going around town selling gold cards to raise money for new equipment need for each individual sport. Gold cards are credit card looking coupons that can be used over and over again at various businesses in the area. Businesses that are included on the gold cards are Gambino’s, Blake’s Pharmacy, and Subway in Louisville and savings in businesses in Omaha and Lincoln such as Burger King, Valentino’s, and Nebraska Furniture Mart. The price of the gold cards is $15, which can easily be earned back when used. The athletes will be walking around town from 6:00-8:00 pm on Wednesday. If you did not get the opportunity to buy a gold card and would like to, some of the coaches of the various teams will be at the school at the same time the athletes are walking around and will be selling the gold cards. Please help support our high school athletics!
Weeping Water School calendars: Weeping Water school calendars are now finished and have been sent out. If you did not receive one they are available at various businesses around town, including the Express Lane. Don’t forget to pick one up and support Weeping Water School’s various events!
Weeping Water High School volleyball scrimmage: The high school volleyball team’s gum scrimmage is scheduled for Thursday, August 23rd at 6:00 pm. Admission into the game is a pack of gum, which will later be used for the players to enjoy during volleyball practices. Please come and support all of their hard work!
Conestoga/Weeping Water High School softball team: The combined fall girls softball team of Conestoga and Weeping Water are having their first game of the season Thursday, August 23rd at 4:30 pm at the Nehawka softball field. Be sure to support the wonderful team that has formed with our neighboring school!
Weeping Water Fall Community Garage Sales
Saturday, September 15
It’s time, once again, to clean out the closets and get ready for the upcoming fall season. What a better way to do it than with a garage sale!
Anyone interested in being included on the garage sale map please contact
Sheri at 297-0632.
The deadline to be included on the map is Wednesday, August 22
First Lutheran Church’s Annual Ice Cream Social
Please join us for homemade pies and all the extras.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
First Lutheran Church is located at 15616 84th St.
(Directions: Take hwy. 66 west to the corner of 84th)
Look for signs!
Enjoy the finest homemade pies around!
New Weeping Water Rescue Squad Members Wanted
Weeping Water Rescue is looking for a few good people to join the Rescue Squad!
• Must be of good moral character (State EMS rules).
• Must live in Weeping Water fire district (includes Manley).
• Must have been a resident for 6 months or more.
• Must be at least 19 years of age.
• Must be in good physical condition.
• You will start the “Ride Along Program.”
• You must have a membership approval to join the “Ride Along Program.”
• After the “Ride Along Program” is completed you can be approved to join the squad.
• If approved, you will attend an EMT training class.
• After completion, you must pass the National Registry Exam to become a State Certified EMT and become eligible to take care of patients.
Contact any Weeping Water Rescue Squad member or call 267-3405 to obtain further information and an application
Cass County Renegades
Summer marks the beginning of the season for the semi-pro Cass County Renegades football team. Weeping Water football field is the home field for the Cass County Renegades. The Cass County Renegades encourage youth involvement by having game activities, events, contests, prizes, and giveaways at their home games. The Renegades also offer youth football camps. Come support our local football team!
2007 Renegades Schedule:
June 16 at Minnesota Lumberjacks
June 23 South Dakota Lawdawgs
June 30 Kansas Kaos
July 7 at NE T-Birds
July 14 at South Dakota Lawdawgs
July 21 Iowa Eagles
July 28 at K.C. Panthers
August 4 K.C. Titans
August 11 Minnesota Stampede
August 18 NE T-Birds
August 25 St. Louis Bulldogs
September 8 at Kansas Kaos
September 15 at K.C. Titans
September 22 at St. Louis Bulldogs
**Tickets for the game are only $5**
Kickoff for home games is 7:30 pm
Weeping Water Ball field
Fun Holidays of the Week-An excuse to celebrate everyday!!
~ I found a wonderful website full of funny holidays for every day of the year so I decided to share these silly holidays with all of you!~
- Wednesday, August 22: National Tooth Fairy Day
- Thursday, August 23: Singing in the Rain Day
- Friday, August 24: Single Parent Family Day
- Saturday, August 25: Kiss and Make-Up Day
- Sunday, August 26: National Cherry Popsicle Day
- Monday, August 27: Banana Lovers Day
- Tuesday, August 28: National Bow Tie Day
- Wednesday, August 22
- Deadline to be included on the Fall Garage Sale map
- Thursday, August 23
- High school girl’s softball game @ Nehawka @ 4:30 pm
- High school volleyball gum scrimmage @ 6:00 pm
- Friday, August 24
- High school football game @ Weeping Water @ 7:00 pm
- Saturday, August 25
- High school girl’s softball tournament @ Blair @ 9:00 am
- Cass County Renegades game @ Weeping Water @ 7:30 pm
- Sunday, August 26
- First Lutheran Church Ice Cream Social @ 4:00-8:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 28
- High school band goes to the state fair