Weeping Water High School Band Marches at the State Fair
Last Tuesday, August 28th the Weeping Water High School Band traveled to the state fair to perform. The band performs at the state fair every year in the last part of August and in also in September in Humboldt The band teacher, Ms Kim Hammer, was very surprised and happy when she found out that the Lincoln Journal Star was interested in doing a story on the band for the Sunday paper!
The band marched twice on Tuesday, once right away when they arrived in the morning and once in the early afternoon heat. For the first performance the students wore the full marching band uniforms complete with hats and the second time they marched they were allowed to wear Weeping Water polo shirts provided by the school.
This is a very big event for all of the band students, especially this year because of the newspaper story. The day the students arrive in band class on the first day of school they start to prepare for the state fair. Organizing uniforms and making sure the musical selections are just right for the performances are the activities that are most important before the trip.
Even though the heat soared to the lower nineties the day the band performed, they sounded awesome! Everyone had a positive attitude, even through the heat, and they put on a great show. All the band students thought it was very exciting to read the story in last Sunday’s paper. Don’t forget to dig out Sunday’s paper and read more about the student’s exciting trip!
Some of the band students putting on their uniforms and preparing for their first performance.
Weeping Water marching band led by the flag girls chosen by Ms. Hammer.
Weeping Water band performing at the food court.
Marching down the final stretch of the route to the sounds of their wonderful drum line’s cadence.
MMMMM…Autumn Bake and Produce Sale
Saturday, September 15, 2007
8:00am-1:00pm (or until everything is gone)
In front of Meeske’s Main Store, Weeping Water
Grab a cup of hot coffee and a roll or take some home to enjoy!
Put on by St. Paul Lutheran Church, Weeping Water
Come early to get the best selection!
Supplemental funds provided by Thrivent for Church Basement Repairs.
Pickin in the Park at Cryin’ Creek
Country Music and Bluegrass Jam and Festival
Friday and Saturday, September 14th and 15th
Weeping Water, NE
For more information call (402) 267-3365
Library to Celebrate 90th Anniversary September 15th
Please come join us to help celebrate! The Weeping Water public library is having a fun contest with many gift certificates in different age groups to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the library. If your child hasn’t received details from you school, please stop by the library for contest details!
There will also be a lot of memorabilia at the open house, including the original list of guests from the first day the library was opened!
It would be very appreciated if everyone would try to stop in to the library on September 15th. They are going to try to break the number of attendance on the first opening day of the library!
This open house will give everyone who hasn’t attended the library lately or at all a chance to see how great our library is! Don’t forget to come and check out the changes that have been made to the library over the last couple years!
All those who attend will receive a magnet with the new library hours!
Fall Story Hour
The Weeping Water public library would like to invite all preschoolers and their parents to attend story hour at the Weeping Water public library.
Starting September 5, 2007 from 10:00-11:00am and continuing every Wednesday at the same time
Story hour is a very informal time that gets parents and their young children out of the house and also gives the children a chance to learn at a young age that reading is fun!
Hunter Education Class
Who: Anyone 11 yrs. or older
When: Tuesday, September 18th, 6:00pm-9:30pm
Thursday, September 20th, 6:00pm-9:30pm
Saturday, September 22nd, 8:00am-Noon
Where: Methodist Church Fellowship Hall
104 W Eldora Ave.
Weeping Water, NE
Contact: John Wessels
Day (402) 267-2285
Eve (402) 267-4075
Day (402) 267-0364
Eve (402) 267-5365
Sponsored by Farmers and Merchants Bank
Crusaders Gospel Group
Weeping Water First Christian Church
Of Southern Gospel Music
Saturday, September 8th at 7:00 PM
306 H St.
Weeping Water, NE
Free Will offering Concert
For more information on this concert or would like to start a concert series for your church or music organization contact:
Ken & DeAnn Johnson
Annual Golf Outing
Sponsored by: Weeping Water Public School Foundation
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Syracuse Country Club
8:00am Shotgun start
Check in 7:00am-8:00am
4 Player Scramble, flighted.
Cost is $60.00 per person
(Includes green fees, cart rental-if reserved by September 1st, flight prizes, flag prizes, and lunch catered by Annette’s Catering)
Team total: $240.00
Guaranteed registration deadline is September 7, 2007. Golf carts available by reservation only before September 1st.
Please contact Doug Barlow at 267-5203 to reserve your cart.
This annual event will assist in providing scholarships and grants for students and alumni of Weeping Water Public School District.
Mail a completed form (available at the school or other businesses around town) and a check to:
Weeping Water Public School Foundation
P.O. Box 326
Weeping Water, NE 68463
Amanda Flanagan is now taking registrations for the 2007-2008 dance year. Classes for students age three years old and up will be offered in tap, jazz, and ballet. Classes will be held at 103 Northeast Street in Weeping Water.
Classes will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and possibly Saturday mornings. Classes are one hour once a week with a recital at the end of the year. Classes will average our to four per month at $20.00 a month due at the first class of each month. After registrations are returned I will be putting classes together and mail out further information for each student. If you have any questions please call Amanda at 402-616-6952.
If interested please return a registration form available at the school and other businesses in town to:
201 East Eldora
Weeping Water, NE 68463
To the Head Start Room at Weeping Water School
New Weeping Water Rescue Squad Members Wanted
Weeping Water Rescue is looking for a few good people to join the Rescue Squad!
• Must be of good moral character (State EMS rules).
• Must live in Weeping Water fire district (includes Manley).
• Must have been a resident for 6 months or more.
• Must be at least 19 years of age.
• Must be in good physical condition.
• You will start the “Ride Along Program.”
• You must have a membership approval to join the “Ride Along Program.”
• After the “Ride Along Program” is completed you can be approved to join the squad.
• If approved, you will attend an EMT training class.
• After completion, you must pass the National Registry Exam to become a State Certified EMT and become eligible to take care of patients.
Contact any Weeping Water Rescue Squad member or call 267-3405 to obtain further information and an application
Fun Holidays of the Week-An excuse to celebrate everyday!!
~ I found a wonderful website full of funny holidays for every day of the year so I decided to share these silly holidays with all of you!~
- Wednesday, September 5: Be Late for Something Day
- Thursday, September 6: Read a Book Day
- Friday, September 7: Postal Workers Day
- Saturday, September 8: National Pledge of Allegiance Day
- Sunday, September 9: Grandparents Day
- Monday, September 10: International Make-Up Day (Make up with someone today who did you wrong or someone you treated badly.)
- Tuesday, September 11: No News is Good News Day
- Thursday, September 6
- High School softball game (JV, V) @ Nehawka @ 5:00pm, 6:30pm
- High School volleyball game (C, JV, V) @ Yutan @ 6, 7, 8:00pm
- Friday, September 7
- High School cross country meet @ Bergan @ 4:30pm
- High School football game @ Scribner-Snyder @ 7:00pm
- Saturday, September 8
- Concert @ First Christian Church, Weeping Water @ 7:00pm
- High School softball tournament @ Fall City @ 9:00am
- Monday, September 10
- High School cross country meet (V, JrHi) @ Yutan @ 4:30, 5:30pm
- High School softball game (JV, V) @ Yutan @ 5, 6:30pm
- Junior High football game @ Weeping Water @ 5:00pm
- Junior High volleyball game @ Weeping Water @ 5:00pm
- High School football game (JV) @ Weeping Water @ 6:45pm
- Tuesday, September 11
- High School softball game (JV, V) @ Auburn @ 5, 6:30pm
- Junior High volleyball @ Weeping Water @ 5:30 pm
- High School volleyball game @ Cedar Bluffs @ 7:00pm