Community Attitude Surveys
Volunteers from the City of Weeping Water will be distributing Community Attitude Surveys between September 17th and 27th. City Officials are requesting community participation and cooperation in cooperation in completing the survey, which is a crucial step in seeking funding from local, regional, state, and federal funding to plan and complete a variety of community and economic development projects. Such improvements may include, but are not limited to, street improvement, water and sewer system improvements, housing rehabilitation activities, cultural, park and recreation improvements, planning studies and economic development initiatives. Many of these programs require a local match, which is why city officials want to know what areas or issues residents feel are in need of improvement. Community input will allow city officials to more officially allocate limited resources for maximum public benefit. All survey results will be kept confidential and will be tabulated by an independent professional organization. Compiled results of the survey will by discussed at a public meeting to be scheduled in October of 2007. These surveys are very important for our town, make sure to take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to help out the community. Any questions or concerns regarding the survey may be directed to City Hall at 267-5152.
Weeping Water to be Featured in Book
The town of Weeping Water has been chosen for the honor of being included in a book that is going to be printed in July. The book is about towns with unique names and histories. Only 1,000 copies will be available for sale and since our town included in the book we get priority for ordering. The book is $19.95 plus $3.50 for mailing and handling.
-A group for women-
Please join us for a celebration of friendship!
When: September 15, 2007
Where: United Methodist Church, Weeping Water
Time: 10:00 am
Speaker: Robin Kurylo
Subject: Celebrate Friendship
Free childcare provided!
Questions: Contact any member of the steering committee:
Laura Stecki: 267-0113
Brandi Wohlers: 525-1819
Jenny Trail: 267-2836
Linda Spohr: 267-5423
See you there!
Little League Football
Weeping Water Little League football plays all their games on Sundays at 2:00 pm.
· September 16th vs. Elmwood-Murdock @ Weeping Water
· September 23rd @ Louisville
· September 30th vs. Palmyra @ Weeping Water
Be sure to come and support the future high school football players!
Weeping Water Fall Community Garage Sales
Saturday, September 15
Garage sale maps are available at various businesses in town.
Be sure to get up bright and early to find all your secondhand treasures!
MMMMM…Autumn Bake and Produce Sale
Saturday, September 15, 2007
8:00am-1:00pm (or until everything is gone)
In front of Meeske’s Main Store, Weeping Water
Grab a cup of hot coffee and a roll or take some home to enjoy!
Put on by St. Paul Lutheran Church, Weeping Water
Come early to get the best selection!
Supplemental funds provided by Thrivent for Church Basement Repairs.
Pickin in the Park at Cryin’ Creek
Country Music and Bluegrass Jam and Festival
Friday and Saturday, September 14th and 15th
Weeping Water, NE
For more information call (402) 267-3365
Library to Celebrate 90th Anniversary September 15th
Please come join us to help celebrate! The Weeping Water public library is having a fun contest with many gift certificates in different age groups to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the library. If your child hasn’t received details from you school, please stop by the library for contest details!
There will also be a lot of memorabilia at the open house, including the original list of guests from the first day the library was opened!
It would be very appreciated if everyone would try to stop in to the library on September 15th. They are going to try to break the number of attendance on the first opening day of the library!
This open house will give everyone who hasn’t attended the library lately or at all a chance to see how great our library is! Don’t forget to come and check out the changes that have been made to the library over the last couple years!
All those who attend will receive a magnet with the new library hours!
Fall Story Hour
The Weeping Water public library would like to invite all preschoolers and their parents to attend story hour at the Weeping Water public library.
Every Wednesday morning from 10:00-11:00am
Story hour is a very informal time that gets parents and their young children out of the house and also gives the children a chance to learn at a young age that reading is fun!
Hunter Education Class
Who: Anyone 11 yrs. or older
When: Tuesday, September 18th, 6:00pm-9:30pm
Thursday, September 20th, 6:00pm-9:30pm
Saturday, September 22nd, 8:00am-Noon
Where: Methodist Church Fellowship Hall
104 W Eldora Ave.
Weeping Water, NE
Contact: John Wessels
Day (402) 267-2285
Eve (402) 267-4075
Day (402) 267-0364
Eve (402) 267-5365
Sponsored by Farmers and Merchants Bank
Annual Golf Outing
Sponsored by: Weeping Water Public School Foundation
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Syracuse Country Club
8:00am Shotgun start
Check in 7:00am-8:00am
4 Player Scramble, flighted.
Cost is $60.00 per person
(Includes green fees, cart rental-if reserved by September 1st, flight prizes, flag prizes, and lunch catered by Annette’s Catering)
Team total: $240.00
Guaranteed registration deadline is September 7, 2007. Golf carts available by reservation only before September 1st.
Please contact Doug Barlow at 267-5203 to reserve your cart.
This annual event will assist in providing scholarships and grants for students and alumni of Weeping Water Public School District.
Mail a completed form (available at the school or other businesses around town) and a check to:
Weeping Water Public School Foundation
P.O. Box 326
Weeping Water, NE 68463
Amanda Flanagan is now taking registrations for the 2007-2008 dance year. Classes for students age three years old and up will be offered in tap, jazz, and ballet. Classes will be held at 103 Northeast Street in Weeping Water.
Classes will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and possibly Saturday mornings. Classes are one hour once a week with a recital at the end of the year. Classes will average our to four per month at $20.00 a month due at the first class of each month. After registrations are returned I will be putting classes together and mail out further information for each student. If you have any questions please call Amanda at 402-616-6952.
If interested please return a registration form available at the school and other businesses in town to:
201 East Eldora
Weeping Water, NE 68463
To the Head Start Room at Weeping Water School
New Weeping Water Rescue Squad Members Wanted
Weeping Water Rescue is looking for a few good people to join the Rescue Squad!
• Must be of good moral character (State EMS rules).
• Must live in Weeping Water fire district (includes Manley).
• Must have been a resident for 6 months or more.
• Must be at least 19 years of age.
• Must be in good physical condition.
• You will start the “Ride Along Program.”
• You must have a membership approval to join the “Ride Along Program.”
• After the “Ride Along Program” is completed you can be approved to join the squad.
• If approved, you will attend an EMT training class.
• After completion, you must pass the National Registry Exam to become a State Certified EMT and become eligible to take care of patients.
Contact any Weeping Water Rescue Squad member or call 267-3405 to obtain further information and an application.
Fun Holidays of the Week-An excuse to celebrate everyday!!
~ I found a wonderful website full of funny holidays for every day of the year so I decided to share these silly holidays with all of you!~
- Wednesday, September 12: National Chocolate Milkshake Day
- Thursday, September 13: Positive Thinking Day
- Friday, September 14: National Anthem Day
- Saturday, September 15: National Thank You Day
- Sunday, September 16: National Working Parent’s Day
- Monday, September 17: National Student Day
- Tuesday, September 18: National Play-Doh Day
- Wednesday, September 12
- School Board Meeting @ 7:00 pm
- Thursday, September 13
- High School cross country meet @ Bennington @ 4:30 pm
- High School softball game (JV,V) @ Arlington @ 5, 6:30 pm
- Junior High volleyball game @ Weeping Water @ 5:00 pm
- High School volleyball game (C, JV, V) @ Conestoga @ 5:30, 6:30, 7:30 pm
- Friday, September 14
- High School band marches in the Humboldt parade
- High School football game (V) @ Weeping Water @ 7:00 pm
- Pickin’ in the Park
- Saturday, September 15
- Weeping Water community garage sales
- Annual Golf Outing
- Library’s 90th anniversary open house
- Celebrate Life women’s group
- High School softball game @ Plattsmouth @ 9:00 am
- Pickin’ in the Park
- Sunday, September 16
- Little league football games @ Weeping Water @ 2:00 pm
- Monday, September 17
- Junior High football game @ Weeping Water @ 4:00 pm
- Junior High/High School volleyball game (JrHi, C, JV) @ Weeping Water @ 4, 6, 7:00 pm
- High School softball game (JV, V) @ Nehawka @ 5, 6:30 pm
- High School football game (JV) @ Weeping Water @ 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, September 18
- Junior High/High School cross country meet (JrHi, V) @ Malcolm @ 4:30, 5:00 pm
- High School softball game (V) @ Plattsmouth @ 4:30 pm
- PTO meeting @ 7:00 pm
- Hunter Education Class @ Methodist Church @ 6:00 pm